Saturday, August 14, 2010

It's Been a Great Friday the 13th!

I had a fabulous evening with my Aunt Lynn. We had dinner and talked then went to the bookstore and poured over books about blogging. I haven’t had someone I could talk to like I talk to her in a long time (besides the hubby). The amount of acceptance and understanding that she shows is amazing. What it really crazy is that I really feel like she “gets” me. We stayed at the book store until it closed looking at books and talking about stuff. It was so nice. We both are trying to figure out this whole blogging thing. It looks like I am going to have to give the whole Wordpress thing a little more thought. This is something that will actually cost some money to set up. I don’t think it is a huge investment, but it’s an investment none the less. There is also the problem of know-how and I am not convinced that I have the know-how just yet. The only problem is that the longer I wait to make up my mind the harder it will be to “switch” over. Plus, I have to really figure out if this is a fleeting obsession or something that will stick. I hate the thought of spending any money on this if I am not going to stick with it. WAIT! I just had a realization! I have already showed some improvement with my obsession issue without realizing it! Normally I would have bought every book I saw at the bookstore but I didn’t buy one single book. I would also normally have just jumped into the Wordpress thing without even researching it and not thought twice about spending money on it. Wow! Now I just have to figure out why I was able to control the obsession more than normal. Don’t get me wrong, I am still losing sleep over this and my level of productivity has taken a dive, but I think there has actually been a bit of progress!


Tomorrow I am going over to my Aunt’s house. I am excited. She has the coolest scrap booking room. It’s actually a separate small building in the back yard. I haven’t seen it in person but I have seen pictures and it is so beautiful! I just can’t wait. She calls it the Scrappy Cottage. Isn’t that adorable!? It’s the name of her blog too. She does the most amazing scrapbooks and posts some of them on her blog. There are also pics of The Scrappy Cottage too. Amazing stuff!

Tiny Giraffe Kisses To Everyone!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on not buying any books!!! I have to hang my head in shame. I bought 2 today, lol!!

    ReplyDelete